I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not cheap, nor are a lot of other designers. Custom branding for wedding and creative businesses is hard work on both ends, but it is totally WORTH IT and here’s why.
- Pretty brands = positive reinforcement – If you want your ideal client to take you seriously as a professional option for the service or product they are searching for, then you need to look the part. Having a beautiful, consistent brand helps convince potential clients that you have your stuff together and you’re a legit option.
- Tiny window of opportunity – You get ONE chance to make an impression with a potential client usually happening on your website. If you’re rocking the DIY site and it’s obviously DIY, it might scare ideal clients off.
- Quality work with a DIY brand looks tacky – There. I said it. It’s true! If you have beautiful work and a crappy brand you are sending a mixed signal to a potential client. They might think “They have gorgeous work, but they don’t invest in their own business. How can I trust them?” or “Why should I invest in them if they can’t invest in themselves?” Think about it. It’s like self care.
- Need consistency – Often, DIY brands are not consistent. They tend to use different fonts, graphics, etc. across all fronts. That sends a brand message and does not get you remembered by a potential client.
- Allows you to market to ideal client – If you want to successfully market to your ideal client you need a visual brand that they can connect with. You need someone to help you focus on what will attract your clients visually, not what you like.
- You have to spend money to make money – Okay so this isn’t really a reason “why”, but food for thought: why is it that you can expect someone to pay you tons of money for your service and you won’t spend the money to brand yourself. Don’t go the cheap route.