Every designer is different. Everyone runs their business differently. I have been doing branding for wedding businesses for five years full time now and I have learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t when creating a workflow for my clients. I am going to share with you the process that I’ve decided works best for me. If you’re curious what working with me is like than this post is for you!
- QUESTIONNAIRE & COACHING SESSION – With any of my custom branding clients I send an initial brand questionnaire to learn more about their businesses and goals. From that questionnaire I create an ideal client mockup with a typical outfit she’d wear and a detailed description of that person and we discuss that mockup among many other things during our brand coaching session via a Zoom online call. During the coaching call I discuss my client’s industry niche, ideal client, pricing based on competitors and market, gifts, and structure of website. This is the most important step of my process as we work through the business end of things before discussing ANY visuals.
- MOOD BOARD – After the coaching session I create a mood board which is an overall visual collage representation of my client’s brand aesthetic.
- LOGO DESIGN – I then provide several different full logo concepts.
- BRAND BOARD – Once a final logo is chosen I will create a brand board which is the blueprint for my client’s brand that includes a logo, alternate logos, monogram logos, patterns, color palette, and fonts.
- STYLED BRAND IMAGES – I create a set of styled brand flat lay images for my clients using props and colors that are appropriate for their brand. I use these on their website, instagram, etc.
- STATIONERY & SOCIAL MEDIA DESIGN – Next I create a basic stationery suite (biz card / note card / envelope / liner) and social media design templates (Facebook cover, email signature, Instagram quote templates). I usually facilitate printing for clients and get them quotes.
- HOME PAGE DESIGN – I provide clients with one home page design in Photoshop.
- REMAINING PAGES – Once home page mockup is approved I’ll design remaining pages in Photoshop.
- INSTAGRAM IMAGES – I make a few instagram images to hype my client’s new launch and use them myself and give to clients as well. For example, their logo in the center of a custom styled brand image.
- LIVE PREVIEW – I will set up a live preview of their site in Showit and send to them to browse around and make sure I didn’t miss anything.
- LAUNCH – Launch days are the best! I typically create a little iMac video preview of their site for my clients to post to Instagram.
- FOLLOW UP – I give my clients all their logo, pattern, and stationery files. If they are unfamiliar with Showit I create a video tutorial to guide them around their site and make edits. I send an “upkeep sheet” PDF for things to make sure they are doing like buying their fonts, using their brand colors, etc.
There you have it! Think it sounds awesome? Contact me today to get started on your own custom brand and website!