Social media can be overwhelming if you don’t know what you’re doing, but if can be SO powerful and helpful for your small creative business if you have a some kind of a plan to use it. If you aren’t taking advantage of all the avenues of social media then, you are missing out on a huge opportunity to connect with your ideal clients. Here are some tips for how to have an effective social media strategy:
- Sign up for the trifecta of accounts (Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook) – You NEED all three of these social media accounts and you need to actually be using them. If you have a Pinterest, but don’t post to it, what’s the point of having one? Educate yourself on the basics on how to use each of these and USE them. You’ll find you can connect with clients on all three.
- Plan out your content – This one is daunting to many. The idea of sitting down to plan out 30 Instagram posts is scary to some, but it doesn’t have to be! Use tools to help you plan like Iconosquare for Instagram and Tailwind for Pinterest. Both of these let you plan your posts and pins in advance. You don’t have to plan for 30 days. I picked Monday as my morning to sit down and plan out at least 5 days of content for my social media accounts.
- BLOG, BLOG, BLOG! – This is a HUGE one. You may not thinking blogging is for you, but I’m telling you your blog posts will be the most trafficked pages on your site IF you are writing lots of good tips and business related articles. Think about what YOUR clients are googling and write content related to that. For example, “How To Have a Successful First Look,” or “5 Tips for Your Wedding Day Timeline”, etc.
- Pin your blog posts to Pinterest – Get the Pinterest Chrome extension (or if you’re using Tailwind which I recommend get the Tailwind Chrome extension) so you can simply pin your posts directly from your blog post browser page. You need to interconnect your social media accounts as best you can this is a great way to do so!
- Brand all your social media accounts – Use the same colors, fonts, etc. to create brand consistency. Have templates for your instastories, instaquotes, featured blog image, and pin images.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, but doing ALL of these things together will drastically help your business and bring clients to your site. I cover all of this and much more in my New Business package. You don’t HAVE to be a brand new business to do this. If you’ve been around a few years, but need to establish a better brand and social media strategy then I’d love to help! Visit here for more info.
Leave a Comment